Pallets / Crating
New and recycled pallets
At WestWind, we realize that no two companies have exactly the same pallet needs. We specialize in working with your personnel to find the best suited material handling solutions for your company. Our staff is experienced and committed to continued education. We are active members in NWPCA, and participate heavily in industry functions. We are dedicated to providing you the best service possible. Let your material handling problems turn into material handling opportunities. Speak with a WestWind representative today to get the process started.
Please take a few moments and look over a few of the products and services we have to offer.
- PDS (Pallet Design System): WestWind incorporates the best pallet design and engineering software in the business. Are you using the right pallet? Let us run your specifications and see! Click to view a sample PDS document (pdf format)
- New Pallets: If new pallets are what you require, we can handle that too. WestWind offers soft and hard wood pallets to meet your specification.
- High Quality Recycled Pallets: WestWind has a large line of recycled pallets available. We have several sizes and grades to choose from. Why buy new, when used will do?!
- Reclaim Pallets: If you are looking for an unusual or custom sized pallet, WestWind can manufacture you a pallet from used or “reclaimed” lumber at a fraction of the cost of new.
- Heat Treatment: WestWind ISPM-15 certified heat treatment services for pallets and wood packaging destined for export. **Need a link to bring up our certification
- Drop Trailer Services: For customers that qualify, WestWind offers a unique drop trailer service. If you produce a large quantity of broken or junk pallets, we will drop a trailer at your facility and “switch it out” when it is full. This will keep scrap wood out of your facility, freeing up valuable warehouse space.
- Pallet Buyback: WestWind is offering very good prices for your broken or un-repaired pallets. If you accumulate pallets, give us a call!
- Pallet Repair: WestWind offers a wide variety of repair services. From a full service program, like our TPM service to simple repair and return, WestWind can develop a repair program that is right for you.
- Accountability: WestWind provides full detailed reports for every transaction with our pallet tracking service. This service puts the power of information in your hands. It provides breakdowns of incoming and outgoing pallets, summaries, and cost analysis. It gives you an “at a glance” summary of your entire pallet program
PRL Certified Participant
WestWind Logistics is a certified participant in the Wood Packaging Material Program pursuant to the American Lumber Standard Committee enforcement regulations.
WestWind Logistics has been issued the Wood Packaging Quality Mark from Package Research Laboratory LLC as authorized by the Animal and Plant Inspection Services of the United States Department of Agriculture.
WestWind Logistics is certified to produce products that comply with the International Standards of Phytosanitary Measures of Guidelines for Regulating Wood Packaging Material in International Trade (ISPM-15).
Download PRL Certification (pdf format)
USDA CONFERS 100% BIOBASED STATUS ON PDS-MADE WOODEN PALLETS
Wood Pallets Manufactured Using PDS are ‘USDA Certified Biobased Products’
ALEXANDRIA VA, November 15, 2016. The US Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) BioPreferred® Program and the National Wooden Pallet & Container Association (NWPCA) today announced that all coated and uncoated wood pallets manufactured with NWPCA’s Pallet Design System™ (PDS) are now recognized by USDA’s BioPreferred® Program. Wood pallet manufacturers that use PDS may now affix a USDA Certified Biobased Product label to their PDS-made pallets showing they are 100% biobased products.
“Achieving certification for our PDS users confirms the strong environmental attributes of wood pallets and presents tremendous opportunities for our members,” said Brent McClendon, President and CEO of NWPCA. All Federal agencies and their contractors have a sustainable product acquisition mandate to purchase biobased products identified by USDA’s BioPreferred® program.
“Biobased certification for NWPCA members’ pallets is an important accomplishment in demonstrating the sustainability of wood products,” said Kate Lewis of USDA’s BioPreferred® Program. “To receive product certification from USDA, pallets manufactured using PDS underwent third-party testing of multiple products,” said Lewis. “We’ve been able to verify the Pallet Design System™ meets the strict requirements of the BioPreferred® Program and allows all of NWPCA’s PDS-using membership into the program. Hundreds of companies are now partners in the Program and may begin labelling their pallets.”
McClendon added, “It is a tremendous honor for us that USDA has recognized the innovative aspects of our Pallet Design System™ and how incorporating durability into wood pallet design reduces our nation’s reliance on petroleum. The biobased label is an impactful way to show what our industry is made of.”
The BioPreferred® Program was created by the 2002 Farm Bill and reauthorized and expanded as part of the Agricultural Act of 2014 (the 2014 Farm Bill). The two major parts of the program are:
- mandatory purchasing requirements for Federal agencies and their contractors; and,
- a voluntary product certification and labeling initiative.
A product’s biobased content is the portion of a product that comes from a renewable carbon source, such as plant, animal, marine, or forestry feedstocks. Utilizing biobased materials displaces the need for non-renewable petroleum-based materials and plays an increasingly important role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions that exacerbate global climate change.